Top 5 science discoveries of #NASA ‘s #Mars #Curiosity rover so far.
I wish every mission had this kind of concise infographic to share with the world so that people could get an easy to understand, bite-sized, and relevant snapshot of the work. Great job MSL team, and keep on truckin’ Curiosity!
Characters of Color on the Covers of 2013 Young Adult Novels
- The Girl of His Dreams by Amir Abrams (KTeen Dafina)
- Rumor Central by ReShonda Tate Billingsley (Kensington Teen)
- Rumor Central: You Don’t Know Me Like That #2 by ReShonda Tate Billingsley (KTeen Dafina)
- Revenge of a Not-So-Pretty Girl by Carolita Blythe (Delacorte)
- A Moment Comes by Jennifer Bradbury (Atheneum)
- Sorrow’s Knot by Erin Bow (Arthur A. Levine Books)
- Echo by Alicia Wright Brewster (Dragonfairy Press)
- Killer of Enemies by Joseph Bruchac (Tu Books)
- Get Over It by Nikki Carter (KTeen Dafina)
- The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross (Harlequin Teen)
- How To Be a Star by M. Doty (Poppy)
- Spirit’s Chosen by Esther Friesner (Random House)
- Since You Asked… by Maurene Goo (Scholastic)
- Fire With Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian (Simon & Schuster)
- Marble Season by Gilbert Hernandez (Drawn and Quarterly)
- Romeo and Juliet adapted and illustrated by Gareth Hinds, based on the play by William Shakespeare (Candlewick)
- The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (Arthur A. Levine)
- Tune: Still Life by Derek Kirk Kim and Les McClaine (First Second)
- Star Power by Kelli London (KTeen Dafina)
- Jane Austen Goes to Hollywood by Abby McDonald (Candlewick)
- Hammer of Witches by Shana Mlawski (Tu Books)
- Invasion by Walter Dean Myers (Scholastic)
- Awakening by Karen Sandler (Tu Books)
- Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong by Prudence Shen and Faith Erin Hicks (First Second)
- True Story by Ni-Ni Simone (K-Teen Dafina)
- Golden Boy by Tara Sullivan (Putnam)
- Boxers and Saints by Gene Luen Yang (First Second)
"I’d been listening to men talk since I arrived in New York City. That’s what men like to do. Talk. Profess like experts. When one finally came along who didn’t say much, I listened."-The Flamethrowers, Rachel Kushner (via sarahargo)
i love sir patrick stewart more with each passing day.
See, guys. This is how you do it. Notice the words “Not all men are like that” are never spoken.
I get this completely irrational and projected feeling that Patrick Stewart figured something out when he was 65 that he needed to figure out his whole life and that made him finally able to be happy and it makes me so happy to see him happy I just want to cuddle the idea of his happiness.
Middle English: In þat lond ben trees þat beren wolle, as þogh it were of scheep; whereof men maken clothes, and all þing þat may ben made of wolle. In þat contree ben many ipotaynes, þat dwellen som tyme in the water, and somtyme on the lond: and þei ben half man and half hors, as I haue seyd before; and þei eten men, whan þei may take hem.
Early Modern English: But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, Who is already sick and pale with grief, That thou her maid art far more fair than she Be not her maid, since she is envious; Her vestal livery is but sick and green And none but fools do wear it; cast it off. It is my lady, O, it is my love!
Modern English: Moving forward using all my breath. Making love to you was never second best. I saw the world crashing all around your face, never really knowing it was always mesh and lace. I'll stop the world and melt with you. You've seen the difference and it's getting better all the time. There's nothing you and I won't do. I'll stop the world and melt with you.